Old October 29th 05, 06:03 AM
noneyabusiness

Default Thermaltake CL-G0009 Schooner

On 28 Oct 2005 07:08:10 -0700, "GR"
wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

You wouldn't remember where you read that review, would you?
The once I've read don't say anything about the need of an extra fan
(But obviously you have to have some kind of airflow in the cabinet, to
transport the heat away). But then they don't say anything about using
it on a GeForce 6800GT either.

Best regards,
Loke.

The heat pipes transport the heat to the external cooling fins.

Lots of video cards have had nothing but heat sinks w/o fans, and this
is a huge heat sink with a mechanism to move the heat out of the case.

Several motherboard mfgr's are using heat pipes on the northbridge
chips lately as well.

(Big Grain Of Salt: I own neither your video car, not this cooler. I
am taking their advertising hype at face value.)