Old October 10th 05, 03:19 AM
Vino

I think the lesson from this is to always do a system restore before
installing new nVidia drivers. This is a good rule for any drivers but
I think that it applies particularly to any video card driver. With
the newly installed drivers, put your system through all its paces and
make sure everything works right before letting the system restore be
overwritten.

Vino

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 21:39:01 +0000 (UTC), "Dr White" wrote:

"Vino" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks for the tip. I was able to correct the problem with WMP10 by
unchecking YUV flipping. I could not find a similar control on RP.
Maybe if I paid for an upgraded version, it would have such a control,
but I see no need to do that.

Vino

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 21:53:02 -0400, "First of One"
wrote:

In Windows Media Player 9, go into Options - Performance tab - Advanced
and uncheck "use video mixing render". Also, play around with the YUV
flipping, RGB flipping, etc. WMP10 and RealPlayer should have similar
options.

In short, there are several ways of rendering a video stream; some do not
work well with hardware acceleration or multi-monitor viewing.

I had the same problem, though a slightly different card, a vanilla 5700. I
fixed WMP 10, but real player, quicktime, DIVX, etc etc all looked crap. The
solution for me was to go back to the 71.xx drivers, they work perfectly.
The later drivers added nothing to the performance or functionality of my
card anyway.

Dr.White.