Old January 17th 05, 02:10 PM
Rich Webb

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:55:55 -0000, "Martin"
wrote:

Useful link. Thanks.

When I run memtest I get what looks like a register dump and both floppy and
hard drive lights stay on permanently. I certainly don't get anything like
the screenshots on the memtest website.

I've occasionally seen what looks like a couple of register addresses on
the default vid screen (black background, white characters) just before
the main app starts up (blue background, white characters). I think at
that stage it's probing the system to see what it has to work with.

If your BIOS supports it, run your CPU & memory at the lowest available
clock speeds and most conservative memory clocking and try running
memtest again (and perhaps also try creating the runtime floppy on a
different system).

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA