Old October 13th 04, 07:53 PM
Keith Archer

Just bought and installed a MSI NX6800TD128 and found it to be absolutely
fantastic.

I really do not believe that there is a better card available with as much
bang per buck.

It's a hell of a lot better in Doom3 and Richard Burns Rally than was my old
GF4600Ti and a recently borrowed Saphire Radeon 9800Pro.

There's even a fan speed control slider which I have turned down to lower
the noise level enormously, while not noticing any temperature differences -
I don't overclock.

I'd certainly recommend it to anyone interested in a current model Nvidia
card but who does not (like me) want to fork out big money for the 6800 GT
or Ultra - which I don't believe will offer much noticeable improvement on
my platform (P4 3.2E/Intel 865PE/ 1GB DDR400) anyway over the 6800/128.

Let the flames commence.

Keith