Old October 13th 04, 02:40 PM
OVS

Default swapping ATI 9800 for Nvidia comaparable

Hi,
I've been having problems with a recently purchased Sapphire Radeon 9800
pro(long frustrating story), and after exhausting every avenue, I've
decided to swap the card for a model from Nvidia.

I've had a look at some Nvidia cards which are roughly in the same price
range, but the choice is vast. I've decided on the GeForce NX 6800-TD
128MB DDR as a possible replacement.

http://www.savastore.com/category.as...ge=14&keyword=

I've had a google search and I've only encountered 'proper' 6800's
which are obviously way more powerful and pricer.

My question is, how is this card in comparison to the 9800 pro? Should I
look at different Nvidia cards? I need a card with roughly the same
performance or higher within the same price range. Although the above NX
6800 is £40 more, I'm willing to spend that little extra if the card is
worth it.

Thank you