Old August 4th 04, 02:19 AM
Granulated

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 15:58:20 -0500 deimos meeped :

I'd have to say this is completely unexpected, but even my crap GFX 5600
plays Doom 3 like a bat outta' hell on High Quality settings! Well
maybe not a bat out of hell, but certainly very smooth and much better
than I ever expected.

Up until now, and from experience with the alpha, I had thought a low
end GFX card would be up the creek in Doom 3, but apparently not. The
engine is much faster and more highly optimized than I could ever dreamed.

I'd have to say anything from a GFX 5500 on up, or maybe a good
overclocked 5200 Ultra will do extremely well. 5700's are sitting very
nicely currently. The FX's aren't so bad after all.

let me know if it's still smooth with no occasional slideshows when you get to
"Alpha Labs section one"
(basically the 3rd major section)

--