Old February 26th 04, 11:40 AM
Bora Ugurlu

Am Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:21:31 -0700, Don schrieb:

The ICEBERQ 4 fan I have has an integral heatsink. I want to
remove the existing SUNON fan along with it's heatsink. I'm afraid to
pull too hard to remove it from the top of the GPU chip. How is it
attached, and just how do I get it off?

Thanks in advance,
Don

Sometimes heat sinks are just screwed onto the card. If that's the
case you're lucky. If not, it is cemented (well, not exactly ^^) onto
the card with a heat dissipator substance. Just try to insert a sharp
razor between the chip and the sink. DON'T damage the chip while doing
so.

Cheers

Bora