Old February 22nd 04, 10:03 PM
Flow

"reg" schreef in bericht

"dude" wrote in message ...

"reg" wrote in message

| "Mark A" wrote in message
| "reg" wrote in message
|
| The GeoForce4 cards only support DirectX 8. The FX-5xxx cards

support
| DirectX 9.
|
| Thanks - so where does that put me? Do I have to try and unistall DX9
(which
| installed itself with a games demo?) Or is the card werecked?

dx9 has dx8 support

Thanks for that-just been checking frantically through my PC mags and just
read that. So, whaddya reckon? Is the card busted?

Yes,looks that way to me.Don't worry about dx9,it works with your card.
The stripes you describe could mean damaged memory on the card,this explains
the freezes in the gametests.
I know someone who had those stripes with his ti4800 and it was broke.
Go here for some benchmarks and testing progs for your vidcard
http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_cpu.html