Old February 22nd 04, 09:37 PM
Robert Gault

reg wrote:

I have a Ti4200 card which seems to have a major problem. It works fine when
displaying the desktop, but whenever it is called upon to display 3d (games)
the display either freezes immediately or sections of the graphics are not
displayed, with funny stripes where textures should be.

I have run DXdiag which reports no problem, reinstalled my Nvidia drivers,
reinstalled Direct X 9.0b and reinstalled my FPS games, all with no luck. I
have installed the Nvidia drivers which were rock solid previously, to no
avail.
snip
Machine specs - AMD Duron 1.3, 1GB SDRAM, QDI Mobo K7V8363 Kinetiz 7B, 20GB
& 40gb HD, PNY GeForce 4 Ti4200. Windows XP Home Edition 2002 & SP 1, Direct
X 9.0b, Nvidia 53.03

You might want to try the nVidia 45.23 drivers. The 53.04 did not work
as well with my Ti-4200 as the older set. DirectX 9.0b is not an issue.

If you search the internet for Powerstrip, download, and install it, you
can get detailled information on your video card from the
Options/AdapterInformation utility. This will tell you whether you have
assigned an IRQ for the card, whether the AGP system is engaged, and
what the Ti-4200 clock settings are. You do need to assign an IRQ to the
card from the BIOS for this card.

Chances are good that the card has been damaged perhaps by overclocking.