Old January 20th 04, 11:08 PM
--Jerry--

Try enabling FSAA and see if you make the same statement.
And ATI R9x00 and FX cards are too slow for DX 9 applications too.

And one thing - ATI drivers sucks.

Thats not my experience with the 3.7 Catalysts.

Or worst with 3.9 Catalyst.

Look how often new ATI drivers appear.

And how often do NVidia drivers appear? At least as frequently if not
more.

Yes, but new drivers are out often to bring more speed and not so many
bugfixes as Catalyst.

All users that are using ATI cards admitt that there are some problems

with
drivers.

As I said, 3.7 is great for me.

Depends what games and applications are you using.

Some of them never used Nvidia cards and they do not know how
important good drivers are.

I used GF1,2,3&4 series cards and went through dozens of "good"
drivers.

Again, that depends what games and applications are you using. Nvidia
drivers do not have so many bugs.

So for now I am still using my Ti4800SE and am waiting for new card from
Nvidia.

Thats fine, thats your choice, but that doesn't mean you have to
spread BS about ATI cards and drivers.

This group is for Nvidia users and there is many questions about upgrades.
My post us there to give them a clue and not to spread BS about ATI. As I
mentioned, ATI is faster and better than Nvidia but drivers are different
story.