Old November 21st 03, 09:13 AM
Darthy

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:41:31 -0000, "Daniel Crichton"
wrote:

Kieran wrote:

Oh, and if I do properties on my video card, it does show up in XP as
a gf4 Ti4200... but still with 128MB of RAM, not the 64 it really has.

XP will just show what the graphics card BIOS tells it.

The Original Poster, Kieran should try out AIDA32, an awsome utilitiy
- it'll tell you everything it can about your whole computer...
software and hardware, and you can even manage much of it from within
AIDA... free program, no spyware of any sort. www.aida32.hu

Here what it says about my video card.

Graphics Processor Properties:
Video Adapter ATI Radeon
9800 (R350)
GPU Code Name R350
PCI Device 1002 / 4E48
Transistors 110 million
Process Technology 0.15u
Bus Type AGP
Memory Size 128 MB
GPU Clock 378 MHz
RAMDAC Clock 400 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 8
TMU Per Pipeline 1
Vertex Shaders 4 (v2.0)
Pixel Shaders 1 (v2.0)
DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v9.0
Pixel Fillrate 3024 MPixel/s
Texel Fillrate 3024 MTexel/s

Memory Bus Properties:
Bus Type DDR
Bus Width 256-bit
Real Clock 338 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 676 MHz
Bandwidth 21632 MB/s

Graphics Processor Manufacturer:
Company Name ATI
Technologies Inc.
Product Information
http://www.ati.com/products/builtdesktoppc.html
Driver Download
http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

Shesh, it even says (elsewhere) that it has Samsung memory modules
(which it does).

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!