Old November 4th 03, 06:49 AM
neopolaris

Hello

Shawk wrote:
"phobos" wrote in message
SlicK the original wrote:
I currently have a Creative 64mb GF3-TI500.
512mb ddr
AMD - 2400
Scores 8800 in Futuremark

It works fine in everything, but is just starting to struggle in
games with the res set to 1024x768 - 32 bit
I bought a 256mb - 5600 Ultra and it scored 9000. It went straight
back to the shop.
Any other recommendations, or should I wait and get a 59**?

cheers
SlicK

A good all around upgrade would be the FX 5700U. It's faster than a
9600XT in most cases and has a very good price/performance ratio. It
scores significantly better than the 5600's and has a much better
core revision (.13 process out of the IBM fab's).

I'm in the same sort of situation with a highly overclocked TI200
looking for something to upgrade to with the same value I got from
the GF3 TI series. I'm thinking about the 5700U more and more now.

If you're concerned about benchmarking the system as a whole, you
might consider a mobo upgrade and overclocking the holy hell out of
that XP.

Your card is still pretty good and will wait another month or three.
Wait for the next gen games and pick a card that plays these well.
Only then will we know who was right in the ATI/Nvidia furore.

I agree. I just broke 10,000 in 3DMark01 with a ti200. So the card can't
be THAT bad. Mobo/cpu is pretty important.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7174692

neopolaris