Old November 3rd 03, 11:02 PM
phobos

SlicK the original wrote:
I currently have a Creative 64mb GF3-TI500.
512mb ddr
AMD - 2400
Scores 8800 in Futuremark

It works fine in everything, but is just starting to struggle in games with
the res set to 1024x768 - 32 bit
I bought a 256mb - 5600 Ultra and it scored 9000. It went straight back to
the shop.
Any other recommendations, or should I wait and get a 59**?

cheers
SlicK

A good all around upgrade would be the FX 5700U. It's faster than a
9600XT in most cases and has a very good price/performance ratio. It
scores significantly better than the 5600's and has a much better core
revision (.13 process out of the IBM fab's).

I'm in the same sort of situation with a highly overclocked TI200
looking for something to upgrade to with the same value I got from the
GF3 TI series. I'm thinking about the 5700U more and more now.

If you're concerned about benchmarking the system as a whole, you might
consider a mobo upgrade and overclocking the holy hell out of that XP.