Old September 14th 03, 07:39 PM
fish

I don't think that's the case. NV has allot to loose and an ego to protect.
My guess it that they will cheat and lie in order to appear winners.

ATI is being gracious and has begun a policy that assures that no current or
future driver will be optimized for a specific benchmark. Its a positive
beginning.

If Nvidia would just come clean and be honest they would gain much more fan
support. But they continue to be deceiving. It really ruins my opinion of
them. Very sad.

"not me" wrote in message
"methylenedioxy" wrote in message
http://www.driverheaven.net/articles...rk3/index2.htm

If you look at the differences in jumps between the various nvidia card
drivers you really do have to wonder what they are cutting back on. Look

at
Ati, it jumped only 1000 points between cat 3.6 and 3.7, now look at the
equivalnet nvidia card driver jumps, between 44.03 drivers and 45.23 it
jumped by 11,000 POINTS!!! theres no way that they aren't skimping on
features, you just can't do that without really "optimising" drivers to

such
an extent that something is bveing cut back on. Ansd then the jump

between
45.23 and 51.75 drivers is another 8,000 points so in total between 2

driver
releases an astonishing jump of 19,000 points, sureley this speaks

volumes
in itself????

Or the 44.03's were that **** poor...