Old August 6th 03, 10:19 PM
Steve

The last Toshiba that I came across I believe it was just F1 (Satellite XCDT
4524 or something like that)

"Sebastian A. Potthoff" wrote in
message ...
Well, maybe then you can tell me how to access the BIOS on a Toshiba
Satellite 5200-XXX...

As far as I know, it is not possible... Please tell me if you know more.

Thanks,
Sebastian

"Steve" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have worked on a lot of laptops.. Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, HP ,Sony,

etc....
have yet to run into one where I cannot access the BIOS. You may have to

hit
a differnet ket than F1 or Del to get into it but so far I have been
successful. In fact many of them you can set a boot up paswword that you

set
in the BIOS. So like I asked, what mfgs don't let you in? (plenty is not

an
anwser).

"Strontium" wrote in message
Plenty....

-
Steve stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

what manufacturer makes it so you can't access BIOS?

"Strontium" wrote in message
Depends on mfg.

-
Bratboy stood up at show-n-tell, in , and
said:

really do think that is only controlable via bios. I didnt realize
you couldn't access bios on laptops myself

"Sebastian A. Potthoff"
wrote in message

Hi,

is there a way to change the aperture size within the OS or must

it
be in the Bios. Since I have a laptop that does not allow any
chance of accessing the BIOS, I need to find a way how to change
it from within the OS.

Is there a way to do that?

Kind regards,
Sebastian A. Potthoff

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. 'Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).