Old August 6th 03, 10:05 PM
Steve

Who is the one with a stick up their butt? I was only inquiring what mfgs
don't let you into BIOS (CMOS for thos who think they know everything).

Sorry.... I'll be sure not to question your great knowledge ever again

"Strontium" wrote in message
I was referring to NEWBIES that don't know how to get into CMOS (BIOS for
wannabe know-it-alls). So, your point, is moot. Of course BIOS (AKA CMOS
FOR THOSE THAT KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT) is accessible.
But, dependent on different mfg's, the key to be pressed to get in
varies....SMARTASS.

OH WAIT! I see that you are from Rochester, NY....That explains quite a
bit. I did research in upstate New York, back in `93. You East Coasters
got sticks up your asses...Just my impression.

Besides, OEM BIOS versions are total crap and really don't have any

options
for the end user. So, accessing CMOS on a laptop (inherently proprietary)
is useless, unless you just love looking at the time stamp.

Want more of an answer, asshole?

-
Steve stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

I have worked on a lot of laptops.. Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, HP ,Sony,
etc.... have yet to run into one where I cannot access the BIOS. You
may have to hit a differnet ket than F1 or Del to get into it but so
far I have been successful. In fact many of them you can set a boot
up paswword that you set in the BIOS. So like I asked, what mfgs
don't let you in? (plenty is not an anwser).

"Strontium" wrote in message
Plenty....

-
Steve stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

what manufacturer makes it so you can't access BIOS?

"Strontium" wrote in message
Depends on mfg.

-
Bratboy stood up at show-n-tell, in , and
said:

really do think that is only controlable via bios. I didnt realize
you couldn't access bios on laptops myself

"Sebastian A. Potthoff"
wrote in message
Hi,

is there a way to change the aperture size within the OS or must
it be in the Bios. Since I have a laptop that does not allow any
chance of accessing the BIOS, I need to find a way how to change
it from within the OS.

Is there a way to do that?

Kind regards,
Sebastian A. Potthoff

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. 'Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).