Old August 6th 03, 09:40 PM
Sebastian A. Potthoff

Well, maybe then you can tell me how to access the BIOS on a Toshiba
Satellite 5200-XXX...

As far as I know, it is not possible... Please tell me if you know more.

Thanks,
Sebastian

"Steve" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have worked on a lot of laptops.. Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, HP ,Sony,

etc....
have yet to run into one where I cannot access the BIOS. You may have to

hit
a differnet ket than F1 or Del to get into it but so far I have been
successful. In fact many of them you can set a boot up paswword that you

set
in the BIOS. So like I asked, what mfgs don't let you in? (plenty is not

an
anwser).

"Strontium" wrote in message
Plenty....

-
Steve stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

what manufacturer makes it so you can't access BIOS?

"Strontium" wrote in message
Depends on mfg.

-
Bratboy stood up at show-n-tell, in , and
said:

really do think that is only controlable via bios. I didnt realize
you couldn't access bios on laptops myself

"Sebastian A. Potthoff"
wrote in message ...
Hi,

is there a way to change the aperture size within the OS or must it
be in the Bios. Since I have a laptop that does not allow any
chance of accessing the BIOS, I need to find a way how to change
it from within the OS.

Is there a way to do that?

Kind regards,
Sebastian A. Potthoff

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. 'Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).