Old July 10th 03, 05:38 PM
JB

Default FX-5200 hell

Hi

I have a fairly new Dell Dimension 4550 (P-4 2.4 GHZ) running XP, and I
decided that I needed a 128 MB video card, so I replaced the Geoforce MX-
420 that came with the machine with an FX-5200 (both AGP). No problem at
first, I used the driver from the included CD, and it worked fine.

A few days later, I power up, and the display is screwed up, multiple
images, unreadable text etc, even during the POST. I can't troubleshoot it
in Windows because I can't see what I'm doing. I called Nvidia tech
support, and got the expected "get the latest driver" speech. It didn't
help. If I use the old card, everything is great, and I don't have another
machine to test the new card in. Nvidia said to return the card, as I
figured they would.

Can anyone help? Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks.

jb