Old January 5th 09, 07:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Memnoch

Default GTX 295, is it real ?

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 18:35:04 GMT, (John Lewis) wrote:

Many of the current games still
make little use of multiple-cores. Thus the current generation of quad
CPUs have a lot of gaming compute-space still available and the
upcoming game-engines are multi-core aware and make use of this
currently mostly-wasted space.

I think this is one of the most overlooked areas technology wise at the
moment. I would imagine you could count the games that are multi core aware on
one hand. I would like to see AI in games developed and have the ability to
push this on to one or two cores and leave the other two for other parts of
the game. Hopefully as more and more people purchase multi core machines the
games makers will invest time and money in this.

Regarding X58 motherboards I have read several reviews for both the Asus
Rampage 2 and the P6T Deluxe. I haven't seen a bad review yet. Hopefully soon
there will be rival socket 1366 board out and start to push things. I have
also read that over the next year or so we will probably see six and eight
core Nehelam chips.