Old July 28th 13, 08:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Default what cards can drive multiple 2560x1600 screens?

Paul wrote:
wrote:
A former classmate, now working for an oil company, boasted that they
have a workstation with 3 monitors - nothing new there.
But he said each monitor is 2560x1600.
So I presume this system has two cards. And since DVI can only spew out
1920x1200 (unless you choke the refresh rate), these must be using
DisplayPort. Is there a card with dual displayports that can pump out
8 megapixels worth of screen?

Just saw this and thought I'd pass it on.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...radeon-hd-7970

"Initially Microsoft tried to run the 11520x2160 resolution setup using
a single Radeon HD 7970 card but according to the firm the performance,
unsurprisingly given the resolution, was found wanting. Microsoft then
set up a three-way Crossfire configuration of Radeon HD 7970 cards and
claimed that with high settings save for shadow details and particles
it managed an impressive 62 to 67FPS."

So there are crazy people out there.
People with unlimited budgets :-)

Well, not exactly. Monitors were on loan. Those are the $3500 or more
a piece monitors.

http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/e...er-second.aspx

"several Sharp PN-K321 4K Ultra HD displays that
I had on loan for a short period of time"

Ball cap is extra. Maybe it was on loan as well.

http://blogs.windows.com/cfs-file.as...436903D0.j pg

Paul