Old August 13th 03, 09:18 PM
Andre C

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:52:43 +0100, "steve_evans"
wrote:

Hi folks,

I bought a new PC a few months ago and as I had previously done a lot of
video capturing (using a Hauppage USB video capture device), I decided to go
for an Ati All-in-Wonder 8500DV card rather than separate video and capture
cards, and because I had bought Ati products for several years. Three months
later and I still haven't been able to successfully capture a decent video
from VHS....

If I use composite, I get a colour picture but no sound.

If I use S-Video, I get sound but a black & white picture.

No matter which connection I use, the captured video drops frames
continually (this is on a P4 2.4ghz / 1 gig ram system, with the latest Ati
drivers and capturing software, even capturing just 4-5 seconds of footage!)
Basically, the captured footage is terrible.

I feel its your setup rther than the card by itself. My system is much
lower powered. 1.3 athlon, 512Mb memory and Nforce2 motherboard.
capturtes fine. Sometimes get 1% frame drop when i chose to do other
things at the same time.

Andre