Old January 3rd 09, 08:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

Default X1950 temperatures

Make sure you have filters on all of your case's intake fans. They go a long
way in preventing dust buildup inside the case. See here for example
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=FG-041-AK

"Neil" wrote in message
et...
My previous vacuuming was completely ineffective as far as the video card
went. I never removed the plastic cover from over the top of the "organ
pipes" last time. I just took that cover off and looked properly at the
cooler and it was almost completely blocked. I have knocked around 40°C
off the gaming temperature by taking that cover off and dusting it
properly. Let that be a lesson to me - and anyone else who cares to read
it.

I feel much more comfortable now. (And so does the GPU probably).

Neil