Old January 3rd 09, 12:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Neil

Default X1950 temperatures

"Neil" wrote in message
et...

I (relatively) recently vacuumed the inside of the computer case and blew
as much dust out of the CPU and video card coolers as I could, so it
should be reasonably clear.

My previous vacuuming was completely ineffective as far as the video card
went. I never removed the plastic cover from over the top of the "organ
pipes" last time. I just took that cover off and looked properly at the
cooler and it was almost completely blocked. I have knocked around 40°C off
the gaming temperature by taking that cover off and dusting it properly.
Let that be a lesson to me - and anyone else who cares to read it.

I feel much more comfortable now. (And so does the GPU probably).

Neil