Old July 29th 03, 03:53 PM
Jibby

yes you need min 350watt!!!
"Thomas Pinckney" wrote in message
I just purchased a Gigabyte GA-7n400 Pro Mobo, a barton 2500+, and 2 512MB
sticks of Corsair XMS Platinum DDR400, Radeon 9700Pro

FSB set to 200, processor = x 11, memory = 400MHz (2200 MHz effective),

AGP
locked @ 66Mhz

I can boot WinXP fine. No problems using XP desktop applications.

When running games (NOLF2 multiplayer for example), I can play for a

while,
but end up crashing to the desktop after 2-10 minutes, or hanging.

Tried with/without dual channel mode, same problem. I moved the FSB down

166Mhz, and have the same problem! Memory timings are 6-2-2-2 as

specified.

One weird thing I've noticed: Bios/Easytune monitor is showing fan
speed/vcore voltage/+5 volts readings dropping down several percent every
few seconds and then returning to normal - over and over. Is this

constant
fluctuation normal? Could this be causing system instability? (250 Watts
PS)

Any other ideas?

Help is much appreciated.