Old October 19th 04, 06:22 PM
Matt

Is the input also PAL or will it be NTSC or some other format?

..
"Richard Cavell" wrote in message
om.au...
Hi all,

I want a computer to take the following input:

- A composite signal that the computer will genlock itself to

And produce the following output:

- A composite signal in PAL format that is genlocked to the input
- A second composite signal in PAL format that is genlocked to the input,
and synchronous with the first output.

What's the cheapest way I can do this? Obsolete hardware and
less-than-perfect options are what I need.

The reason why I need this is to drive a vision switcher that takes a
signal into its key bus, as well as an alpha signal. I want to play a
grayscale animation which represents the alpha component, synchronised to
the key signal, and it all has to be genlocked to the black generator.
Now, playing the two animations simultaneously is a bit of a problem, but
it's a software problem. I'm trying to avoid having to spend many
thousands of dollars on a DigiSuite or equivalent, when it seems that
consumer-level hardware can produce an S-video output that does most of
what I want!