Old September 12th 04, 05:36 PM
Chingy

Did u add any new cards after windows 98 and windows 2000?

If yes it might be IRQ's problem that can be solved by going into BIOS and
reset resource control and UNTICK plug and play OS option...

Or removing same device which you had added previously(hardware)...

Ti card work just fine with XP

"John" wrote in message
MSI G4Ti4200-TD
ASUS A7V266-E
Audiophile 2496

This card has been fine under 98 and win 2000. On a clean install of XP
the
PC freezes up each time I install *any of the XP drivers. I've tried the
lastest ones down to the oldest in the Nvidia archive. The pc runs but if
try to open the nvidia options (to adjust hardware acceleration say) it
freezes. Same if I run explorer or anything else.
Short of starting from scratch what can I do to pin point the problem? XP
always picks it up on boot.

John