Old January 14th 08, 04:33 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
eljainc

Default Memory upgrade for Compaq Presario SR1417CL desktop

I have a question on the memory capability of the Compaq SR1417CL. I
know the max memory is 2GB and must use PC2700, PC3200 or PC4000 DDR
with no ECC.

I have seen some generic memory sold online for about $25-35 per GB.
However this memory is high density. Will this memory work in this
machine or am I only getting half of the actual amount of RAM if I use
this type? I couldn't find anything on crucial's website. Is there a
less expensive place to get 1GB DDR memory modules that work with the
SR series Presarios?

Thanks
Mike