Old July 25th 03, 12:31 AM
Gary Ellington

I am having similar problem with a Promise SX4000 Raid controller...
Everything works fine (A7N8X rocks!) until I install the Promise. My
particular error is something about NTOSKRNL being corrupt, though it isn't,
since everything starts working immediately after removing the Promise card.
This really sucks, since I have 800gb of customer data in a RAID array on
that card...

I have an email in to Promise tech support, hopefully they'll reply sometime
soon. If I find a solution, I'll post it here.

Gary

"WDG" wrote in message
.. .
Listonians--
I just installed WinXP Pro on a Seagate SATA drive (c:\)
and I'm now trying to restore my legacy drives to the system.

The system sees the IDE drives D: and E:, but when I try to
add a drive back using a Maxtor Promise Ultra133 TX2
PCI IDE Controller (recognized as a scsi controller), my
system refuses to boot, saying that NTLR is missing.

I'm out of IDE connections on the mobo, the second IDE
is filled with my CDROM and a LS120. It appears that the
mobo is having trouble resolving the boot device, looking at
the Maxtor Promise Ultra133 card as the boot device
instead of the SATA. Without a drive attached to the
Ultra133, the system boots fine, with the drive attached,
no go.

Similar things happen when I put my Adaptec SCSI card
and SCSI drive back into the picture.

Any way to force the Silicon Image to be the first SCSI
device in the boot sequence?

Thanks,
Doug