Old April 27th 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
don't look[_2_]

Default Upgrade from GeForce FX 5200 to?

I was going to reccomend Matrox for excellent business graphics,but it's
been awhile and I see the largest memory on their 550's and 650 is 64MB. I
don't know if that is enough for you?

"kantons" wrote in message
My current system, a Sony Vaio RA710G desktop came with a GeForce FX 5200
AGP 8x 128MB video card. I'm using a Sony SDM-HS95P monitor.

This PC is only used for finances/spreadsheets, internet/email, PhotoShop,
misc home apps - i.e. no gaming. I've never been happy with the quality of
the picture. Text looks fuzzy and there always seems to be jagged edges
around graphics and text (clear-type is on). Some graphics seem to delay

in
"painting" onto the screen.

I plugged in a Samsung monitor once and the graphics/text seemed a lot
better....

I would like to switch to a Samsung 20" 206BW widescreen but this card

does
not support the native resolution of that monitor.

1. can someone suggest a good/inexpensive upgrade option to support
widescreen resolution 1680 x 1050; I would like to stay with nVidia
2. do you think the card is the issue with the text/graphics, the monitor,
or probably both?