Old April 6th 05, 12:46 AM
Shepİ

On 5 Apr 2005 14:05:20 -0700 If I have seen farther it is because I
have stood on the shoulder of giants wrote :

on ibm thinkpad laptop 380 ... and occasionally get: exception oe
0028:c001539a in vxd--- . it has the original windows 98 with fat16.

i recently installed a backpack cd-rw and canon bjc-2100 and then this
started. it shows the windows 98 screen and then goes to the "windows
did not shut down properly" and you must boot into safe mode.

i tried ultimate boot disk but it will not recognize it. i also tried
to install win98se but did not have enough disk space.

i really do not want to have to lose everything as I have tax returns
to finish before April 15th! All my data
is on this computer and I have no way to save or transfer it to other
media.

any ideas?

thank you in adavance,
john

ps. i also ran ibm's tests and everything showed okay.

also tried changing booting order but that did nothing.

is there anyway i can transfer the data onto another computer via usb
cable or?

i really need the tax data and have no idea of how to access or
retrieve it to use.

F8 bootup/Command prompt only and type
scanreg/restore and choose an older .cab file backup.You may get
lucky.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,