Old September 30th 04, 07:42 AM
jv

Default P4C800E question on RAID

HI guys, I must say I'm pretty new to raid configuration.
I''ve tried to set up raid stripped using the promise controller
and after the installation of XP, it won't boot saying a VTDRL file is
missing.

I moved to Intel Raid then IIA, and it seems fime, but i get lots of
hanging
problem and the intel performance says there are error on one disk
(it's a new
samsung sata 160G).

The question is , I have 2 Raid controller, which one should I use.

And why the using the promise controller the installation of XP goes
fine but then it won't work.

One last dumb question, the Master and Slave setting on the HD
matters?

Thanks
jurij