Old December 31st 05, 06:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Gateway FMC-901 MCE PC - What audio chip? What audio drivers?

I've got a Gateway FMC-901 MCE PC. I just did a restore from the Gateway DVD
and have the system working, but I have no audio driver. There is a Sigmatel
driver on the DVD, but it does not function properly - the control panel
never works.

I've gone to Gateways support site, but they don't have a driver available
for download. The instructions on their website do not work with my DVD.

Does anyone know what chip is used for audio on this machine? Where can I
obtain the lastest complete driver?