Old January 2nd 10, 07:19 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.misc
isw

Default Simplest and most reliable printer for an iMac?

In article ,
(John Brock) wrote:

My siblings and I bought our 80-some year old mother a new iMac
for Christmas, and her Epson Stylus Color 740 -- unsupported by
Snow Leopard -- is now junk. So we'd like to hear recommendations
for a new printer.

We're not interested in speed or ultra-high quality photos or
multi-function; we're looking for robustness and simplicity above
all. We'd like our mother to be able to change the ink cartridges
by herself! Beyond that, we're looking for a major brand with good
OS X support, and not overly expensive (especially the ink). Under
$200 certainly, and under $100 would be nice. Given these criteria,
what would be the best choice?

If you can avoid color, an inexpensive laser printer is a far better
choice than any inkjet.

Isaac