Old November 9th 06, 06:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Andi Cole

Default Windows Update NVidia drivers

I've seen this before, video drivers from Windows Update have caused me the
same sort of problems. I always go for the drivers from the video chip
manufacturers site.

Andi.

"James R. Brown" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a NVidia GeoForce FX 5200. I've had no problems with it since it
came with my computer a couple of years ago. The other day it locked up,
after the screen going blank I got the blue screen that said the video
driver was in an endless loop. I managed to reboot in safemode with
networking and then download new drivers from NVidia. Once installed, it
now works just fine again.

This morning, the Windows UpDate Site said there was an update for my
video driver. I downloaded and updated and rebooted. My card crashed again
the same way. Once I reinstalled the drivers from NVidia the card works OK
again.

Is there perhaps some sort of problem with the drivers coming from
Microsoft's Windows Update?