Old August 24th 05, 05:59 PM
badgolferman

Gaffer, 8/24/2005, 12:06:55 PM,
wrote:

Is it common for the cable on PC speakers to cause the PC to close
down randomly if it is old or damaged? I noticed my PC shutting down
at random, and if I move the speaker's cable with my hand
intentionally just slightly (with the power cable inserted into it of
course) that it makes a slight buzz noise and the PC shuts down. I'm
not using the PC with no speakers now and it seems to be working fine
- do you think it's the speakers that were causing the problem?

Maybe your sound card is not seated properly.

--
"Golf balls are attracted to water as unerringly as the eye of a
middle-aged man to a female bosom." -- Michael Green