Old November 18th 03, 11:56 AM
Rev. Roger and Mrs Kim Pitman

You are NOT alone!

http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthrea...&threadid=5163

Sadly

Sounds like the mobo is cutting the power due to the initial high draw of
the Vid board. It thinks theres a short circuit and therefore shuts down.
Answer 1. Return Vid board and ask for a replacement. 2. Buy a new one. 3.
buy a nother Mobo.

"Only frustration frustrates me"

"ZigZag Master" wrote in message
OK Guys,

Trying to narrow down a problem I am having with a new system build which
consists of :

Abit NFS-7 V2.0
AMD 2500
Maxtor 200GB 7200RPM
ATI All in Wonder 9700 Pro
Antec PP412X 400W Power Supply

Here is what happens. I hook everything up, I turn on the Antec power
supply switch on the back of the unit and the LAN lights on the Mobo light
up, and also a small red light in the bottom right of the Mobo lights up.

When I hit the power switch on the front of the case, I see the fans get a
jolt of energy as they spin for a millisecond, but thats it, nothing else
happens. The power supply does not turn on.

BUT, if I unplug the power connector from the ATI All-In-Wonder 9700, the
machine powers up fine, but the ATI BIOS kicks in ans says it needs the
external power.

So here is is what I have done....I took the AiW 9700 and put it in an old
Abit BH6 with Antec 300W supply and the machine powers up fine, so the
Radeon card appears to be OK.

The second test I did was to put both machines side by side and use a

power
connector from the old BH6 machine to power the Radeon card......guess

what,
same thing happens, my new machine will not power on. So this kinda rules
out a power supply problem with my Antec.

It appears to be a problem with the motherboard,....what do you guys

think?