Old October 8th 03, 06:55 PM
Strontium

Wow. An attempt to get rid of the 'infinite loop'. Might be interesting...

-
Pluvious stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst...ase_Notes.html

------

CATALYSTT Release Notes Version 3.8

------

snip
VPU Recover
VPU Recover (patent pending) allows the CATALYSTT display driver to
reset the graphics accelerator when it is no longer responding to the
display driver. Without VPU Recover, a reboot of the system would be
required when the graphic accelerator is not responding to the
display driver. Depending on the state of the system when VPU Recover
is activated, applications that are running may be able to fully
recover from the graphics processor reset. If this is not possible,
the active application may be closed and the system will return to
the desktop. VPU Recover will significantly reduce the number of
system crashes caused by graphics hardware hangs. This allows for
fewer interruptions and virtually eliminates situations where work
can be lost, as well as increasing system stability.

snip
Customer Care Service
The ATI Customer Care Center is focused on delivering accurate,
up-to-date product support for optimum usability and performance.
Should you require assistance with your ATI product visit,
http://www.atitech.com/support/index.html

------
ATI Technologies Inc.
http://www.ati.com
Voice: (905) 882-2600
Fax: (905) 882-2620

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit