Old August 6th 04, 11:58 PM
Atreju

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 18:22:27 -0400, "Jenny"
wrote:

It is clicking like something is hitting the case. It did this about a week
ago
and I just turned the system off, bought a new hard drive just in case and
backed up everything. Is it possible that this can be fixed. It is a
western
digital wd400. It is only year and half old. Would spinrite software maybe
help it? Any experience with this out there?
Thanks much,
dancer (Jenny)

Is it a clank-clank-clank sound? I know it seems silly to ask that,
but it happens that such a sound indicates a damaged or defective
drive head. You will need to get it replaced if so.

---Atreju---