Old May 23rd 04, 10:37 PM
Geir Klemetsen

"*Vanguard*" skrev i melding
Trent© said in :
On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:26:40 GMT, "Brandon Brown"
wrote:

That's a VERY good idea... I should try that.

You better have a fast stop watch...unless they've radically changed
the limitations of ram drives!

So transfer the same file a hundred or a thousand times for a repeated
overwrite.

Set up a ramdrive on both machines.
Write down the folder path for the folder/file you want to copy from/to and
write it down, and sent as reply to the newsgroup, and I can make you a
*.vbs -file that copy the file(s)
and measures the time it takes. It's a very simple task, takes me about 5
min to write.
That will make it possible to get accurate measurment even if the time it
takes is less than 1/100 second.
And, of course I'm courious what the result will be.