Old March 13th 21, 06:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
micky

Default Why is this HDD so small?

In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Sat, 13 Mar 2021 14:21:17 +0100, "Carlos
E.R." wrote:

On 13/03/2021 04.27, micky wrote:
Why is this so small?

Alternatively, why aren't they all so small?
Less than 4" x 1 1/4" x 1/3".

Is it a real HDD, a spinner, with a rotating platter? It calls it a
harddrive more than once, and never uses SSD, etc. but it's so small.

https://www.amazon.com/External-Hard...9&sr=1-11&th=1

What about that it has no brand name? Would you buy it for a backup
drive?

For file backup, is a real 2.5" external drive better for backup?
external 2.5" HDD, SSD, 3.5" HDD in a dock

Some specs it claims:

Upgraded Type-C/USB3.1 Gen 1 HDD brings fast transmission speed up to
100MB/S.
Speed: 400MB/S
Widely compatible with 99% of PC systems.
Shockproof and anti-drop design to prolong service life.

All that indicate it is not rotating rust. It has to be SSD or nvme if
it is not a scam.

The reviews contain a lot of text that are not for this device. Several
reports are for "car indicators", for example.

Sound fishy.

I thought I had lost interest but I kept reading.

Once before I saw one review obviously meant for something else, and I
figured that was like when I post to the wrong newsgroup. But here,
none of the first 6 or more were about this device, even though they are
labeled Verified Purchase. (One was for a 250G drive, not 1T, and it
was only from last January 20, less than 2 months ago.)

I clicked on Report Abuse for one, and I thought it would let me
explain, but instead I just reported someone. I presume they're
computer will clear him and if it goes to a person I'll get labeled a
troublemaker. I'd hate to think I did that to an innocent man.

Also it said "There are 0 reviews and 0 ratings from the United States
". That's certainly possible but I don't remember seeing it before.

Works a treat, check the split really voltage
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 25, 2019
Verified Purchase
Works, but the light stays on when the vehicle is turned off.
Apparently the voltage has been changed in the relay and this is very
close to the operating voltage.
I first thought it was faulty and checked with the seller; very nice
people.
All good, but 4*