Old November 13th 03, 01:17 AM
Nick Mirro

Thanks for the reply. Nothing about the serial ata drive that is faster
other than the 150 vs. 133? Maybe I'm already getting the benefit with the
sata port and adapter?

"DaveW" wrote in message
No. You'll get 150 - 133= 17 17/150 x 100= 11% increase in speed,

ideally.
Not real noticeable.

--
DaveW

"Nick Mirro" wrote in message
What factors contribute to the performance difference between a true

sata
drive, and an ide drive with a SATA adaptor?

I have 2 maxtor ide 133s attached to sata ports (with adaptors) in a

striped
raid array. I am interested in increasing drive performance. If I move

the
partition to a pair of striped true sata drives (not chosen), would I

expect
a significant increase in performance?

Nick