Old April 6th 07, 09:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Default It's alive!!! (and not)

No, oddly no errors. When it boots, it runs flawlessly.

I did, however, get a NIC failure on startup when it worked. Feels like the
motherboard going blooey (a highly technical term).

First desktop to EVER fail on me.

"Paul" wrote in message
Did you get Memory Parity Error messages?? My money is on a bad
Motherboard...

"Tom Scales" wrote in message
As a last ditch effort, I decided to completely repeat all
troubleshooting steps on my GX620. I pulled everything out -- memory,
hard drive, DVD burner. No keyboard, no mouse, no LAN.

Nothing.

I then took a known good DIMM and tried it (by itself) in each memory
socket.

Surprise, surprise, in socket 3 or 4, the machine booted. I know I tried
this before and it didn't boot, but perhaps I was confused.

So, I moved the two DIMMs to 3 and 4 and it is alive. I can live without
1 and 2, since I only need 1Gb in this machine.

Weird, but happy.

oops, before I could even send this, it died again. Third boot. Lights
3 & 4.

Wonder what could cause an intermittent problem?