Old February 4th 05, 09:18 PM
Luap

HH wrote:
Q) How do I enter the BIOS on my Presario?
A) Normally, on a majority of Compaq models BEFORE 2002, you hit F10 at the
Compaq logo (cursor to upper right corner) at bootup. On some newer models,
the key is F1. On the old 7100 Series Presarios with Phoenix BIOS , the
Del key is used. If none of the above works, it couild mean you have an
earlier model, 1996-early 1997 or earlier, that retains Setup info on a
small non-DOS partition at the front of the hard drive (this partition,
being non-DOS, does not show in Windows Explorer or File Manager), and this
partition is damaged or missing. Most Commercial desktops/notebooks
(DeskPros, Prolineas, Armadas/Elites, etc. of the time) also had this
partition. If this is the case, go he

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/

Select your model desktop or notebook and download the Softpaq for Computer
Setup. Run this SoftPaq and it will create a boot floppy from which you can
enter the BIOS. You might want to download the Personal Computer Diagnostics
SoftPaq as well.

I downloaded this but the update was the same age as what I had. Also,
it didn't allow me to enter the BIOS. All other keys ahve also failed
f1, f2, f10, del etc.
Paul