Old August 22nd 04, 08:16 PM

"n" wrote in message
.uk...

"Paul" wrote in message
In article , "n"
wrote:

"Stephan Grossklass" wrote in message
n schrieb:

Hi,

Has anyone had success installing XP SP2 onto an ASUS T2-P? I have

tried
installing the service pack
three times with no joy. It finished the service pack install ok,

but
never
re-boots afterwards. It just
stops during the IPL, and safe mode, last known config etc don't

work
either. I even scratch installed
XP, and installed the service pack, but got the same results. I

have
installed SP2 onto 4 other boxes,
all of which went without a hitch, but the ASUS T2-P doesn't like

it. It
runs, and has done for months,
with service pack 1 and all the updates with no trouble at all,

but
service
pack 2 kills it. I have bios
1007, just in case that is of importance.

I assume you mean the good old T2P4 and BIOS 0207? It could be that

SP2
requires SSE support. Have you tried a fresh XP install, followed by
direct installation of SP2?

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

No, it's the shiney new T2-P
http://uk.asus.com/products/desktop/t2-p-d/overview.htm
Yes, I did try a format and a fresh install of XP followed by SP2 and

get
the same results.
When broken, and booting in safe mode, the line it appears to stop on

is...

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System 32\drivers\btkrnl.sys

I used btkrnl.sys in Google and got this:

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...0a% 40phx.gbl

The poster in that case, used Safe Mode (Disk Logging) as his

workaround.

Another post says:

"btkrnl.sys which is a Bluetooth Protocol Driver for Windows 2000..."

Who would've guessed that... I was thinking British Telecom.
Does your system have Bluetooth ?

Paul

Hi Paul,
My system does have USB bluetooth, very interesting. However, having

messed
around with this
machine for hours this morning, I am loosing the will to upgrade it.

Norton
Ghost is worth every
penny it costs..... On formatting and installing base XP, with just the
motherboard devices
configured, and no external devices, it stops after installing SP2 on the
boot at
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System 32\drivers\mup.sys
I tried the Microsoft procedure for backing off the service pack and

trying
to boot and view
the log files, but guess what, it won't boot up!
There is something wierd about the Asus T2-P. Has anyone managed to SP2 a
T2-P??

Looks like something weird to do with Prescott CPU and Intel chipset
combination.
Found this, and it seems to sum the situation up perfectly.
http://www.mcse.ms/message962236.html