Old August 22nd 04, 11:51 AM
Paul

In article , "n"
wrote:

"Stephan Grossklass" wrote in message
n schrieb:

Hi,

Has anyone had success installing XP SP2 onto an ASUS T2-P? I have tried
installing the service pack
three times with no joy. It finished the service pack install ok, but

never
re-boots afterwards. It just
stops during the IPL, and safe mode, last known config etc don't work
either. I even scratch installed
XP, and installed the service pack, but got the same results. I have
installed SP2 onto 4 other boxes,
all of which went without a hitch, but the ASUS T2-P doesn't like it. It
runs, and has done for months,
with service pack 1 and all the updates with no trouble at all, but

service
pack 2 kills it. I have bios
1007, just in case that is of importance.

I assume you mean the good old T2P4 and BIOS 0207? It could be that SP2
requires SSE support. Have you tried a fresh XP install, followed by
direct installation of SP2?

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

No, it's the shiney new T2-P
http://uk.asus.com/products/desktop/t2-p-d/overview.htm
Yes, I did try a format and a fresh install of XP followed by SP2 and get
the same results.
When broken, and booting in safe mode, the line it appears to stop on is...
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System 32\drivers\btkrnl.sys

I used btkrnl.sys in Google and got this:

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...0a% 40phx.gbl

The poster in that case, used Safe Mode (Disk Logging) as his workaround.

Another post says:

"btkrnl.sys which is a Bluetooth Protocol Driver for Windows 2000..."

Who would've guessed that... I was thinking British Telecom.
Does your system have Bluetooth ?

Paul