Old June 22nd 04, 04:20 PM

If you use a stripe array yr data is spread across two drives, therefore you
are unlikely to have any usable data on the single drive - other than by
using disk editing software -
You might as well rebuild the array
If you wish to have data available at all times, in the event of hd failure,
you should use a mirror array

"." wrote in message
om...
ASUS P4PE motherboard, RAID-0 offline problem.

I have never used standby mode on my computer before, but when I tried
it, my RAID-0 drive stopped working. When I boot up, I get the
following error message:

Problem is detected with Array1

Array No: Array 1
RAID Mode: Stripe
Total Drives: 2
Capacity: 120044

My motherboard is an ASUS P4PE. The raid-0 consists of 2 Western
Digital 60GB.

There is a FastBuild utility that I can use, but don't know the effect
of using it. I don't want to destroy the data I have on the raid-0
drive.

MBFastBuild (tm) Utility 1.21 (c) 1996-2001 Promise Technology, Inc.

1. Auto Setup
2. View Drive Assignments
3. View Array
4. Delete Array