Old January 15th 13, 12:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_16_]

Default ? on SATA drives, IDE interfaces

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave wrote:
Will a SATA HDD work in my IDE interface Thinkpad T43? Seems I read
somewhere that they are compatible, but can't remember... *Any* help
is appreciated.

Hi Dave. Are you handy with a soldering iron? Check out the page below:

http://mikejmoffitt.com/wp/?p=5

The T43 was natively SATA but IBM fitted a 'bridge-chip' so it would take
IDE drives. All you have to do is remove the chip, get a SATA socket and
solder the wires to the right place on the motherboard. Easy! g
--
/Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)