Old December 28th 12, 07:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Dave[_39_]

Default ? on SATA drives, IDE interfaces

*THANK YOU* Thank you so much for that link. I'm all over it.

"Anssi Saari" wrote in message
"Dave" writes:

Aaah. As I feared... Okay, well I'll just have to find an IDE hard
drive
to upgrade to, or learn to live within the space I have. Thanks.

Apparently the T43 is also picky about the specific drive type. You'll
get an "Error 2010" warning during every boot if you put in some random
drive. Workarounds are getting an approved drive or using an unofficial
BIOS. http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Proble...Pad_hard_disks
has the details.