Old December 28th 12, 12:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

Default ? on SATA drives, IDE interfaces

On 12/27/2012 6:52 PM, Dave wrote:
Will a SATA HDD work in my IDE interface Thinkpad T43? Seems I read
somewhere that they are compatible, but can't remember... *Any* help is
appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

I can't see any way that would be possible unless you can find an IDE-SATA
converter and your computer maker somehow allowed a little extra space (not
bloody likely). Such adapters exist for desktop-size drives but I've never
seen anything that would fit into a notebook. There _are_ adapters that fit
onto 2.5" drives but only for larger-than-notebook systems.