Old June 29th 12, 08:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Dave[_39_]

Default Looking or info on my computer hardware

Was going to replace the failing hard drive, and bought an IDE replacement
on the advice of someone I can no longer remember. Now it doesn't look like
the drive that is in there. It has what looks like a 40-pin SCSI connector,
and the drive in my Compaq SR1522X has a small connector that fits over an
edge connector about the size of a USB port. Looks like it has 10 or 12
contacts on the top and bottom of the edge connector. Is this a SATA
device? How can I find out what I am actually trying to replace? Used to
repair mini-systems in a business environment, and PCs are a whole new
experience for me. My background and strength is electronics, but I am
willing to takle anything. Would greatly appreciate any advice or
assistance anyone has to offer.

Many thanks,

Dave